Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
Helpful link for language and culture from abroad
virtual tour of Ellis Island, activities, immigrant stories, class surveys and chart skills
Monday, March 12, 2012
Choose ONE of these ways to present you book report.
1. Using as many terms and references as you can, create a wordle (wordle.net) to show your understanding of one of these topics : describe how your character changed over time
describe 3 themes with supporting evidence
describe character's actions and motivation
2. Create a top 10 list of favorite events, actions, characters from the story
3. Illustrate setting, conflict, rising action, climax, resolution, of story to create a storyboard.
4. Write a song of the character's "journey" through the book. (Conflict-Resolution)
5. Be a Book- create a front and back cover like a sandwich board with title, author, illustration on the front, and critics review on back. Wear the cover and tell class about book and recommend it.
6. Create a Story Map in a creative way. Perhaps a pack of gum, ice cream cone, rainbow, (something from the novel) Story Map should include setting, conflict, climax, resolution, and theme.
7. Dress up as your character and explain to class who you are, what you've been through, and what ypu've learned.
8. If you have another idea, feel free to run it by me.
Due Tuesday March 20th.